Feathers and Wedges
A time-tested way to split stone, feathers & wedges are available in a variety of sizes. These shims and wedges can be purchased by the piece or by the set.
How to Use:
1. Drill holes along your split line at least as deep as your wedges are long and about 6″ apart.
2. The feathers and wedges should fit snugly into the hole.
3. The split line may be straight or curved.
4. For more difficult splits, be sure to drill the holes deeper and closer together.
5. Insert feathers and wedges into the holes.
6. Be sure the wings face the direction you want the stone to split.
7. Strike the wedges in sequence, firmly, but not forcing. Wait a few minutes, then repeat until stone is split.
Click the drop down box, select your size, adjust quantity, and click add to cart button.
|AS0011||KIT - 3/4" X 4" SHIMS/WEDGE SET||.5 lbs||$USD 12.59|
|AS0012||KIT - 1/2" X 2-3/4" SHIMS/WEDGE SET||.5 lbs||$USD 10.91|
|AS0014||KIT - 1-1/4" - 1-3/8" X 8" SHIMS/WEDGE SET||3 lbs||$USD 35.87|
|AS000381||SHIMS 1/2" HOLE 2-3/4" DEPTH||0.0625 lbs||$USD 3.00|
|AS000382||SHIMS 3/4" HOLE 4" DEPTH||.5 lbs||$USD 3.38|
|AS000392||WEDGE 1/2" HOLE 2-3/4" DEPTH||.5 lbs||$USD 4.91|
|AS000394||WEDGE 3/4" HOLE 4" DEPTH||.5 lbs||$USD 5.83|