How to Apply Lithichrome Stone Paint Colors
1. A prime coat (thinned coat) is recommended for the best possible bond for the top color coat.
Mix one part solvent to one part clear. If clear is not available, apply one to one with Lithco Solvent
2. Color coat needs no thinning unless a lighter tone ie required.
Note: colors are sealed with tape. When opened, some solvent may evaporate. Add solvent to thin.
3. When color starts to set, do not disturb with further brushing. Wet brush well to “flow” color as much as possible.
4. If spraying, thinning is necessary; add approximately 1/3 Solvent to color.
Spray light first coat, when dry, spray a substantial second coat. No prime coat is required when colors are thinned for spraying.
5. Clear overcoat is recommended for all Lithco Colors for maximum weathering protection. Brush lightly as to not “pick up” the under color. To maintain color appearance, apply clear every four to five years. No masking required takes only a few minutes and the color remains presentable for many years.
How to Apply Lithco Gold
1. No thinning required Lithco Gold is made for Spraying. No prime coat needed. If brushing, wet brush well and avoid excessive brushing. “Flow” color as much as possible.
2. Lithco Clear overcoat is recommended for Lithco Gold for maximum weathering protection. Brush lightly as to not pick up the under color. To maintain color appearance, apply clear every four to five years. No masking required takes only a few minutes and the color remains presentable for many years.
Lithco colors, used in making “Natural Flower” carvings and in stone color designing, as distinguished from Hilite and Shadow which is used primarily for lettering and panel contrasting, has been in use in the monument and building stone field since 1953. The bonding resin in Lithco Colors is a product of one of the world’s leaders in chemical technology. They have now made a basic advancement in this resin, resulting in substantially better adhesion, hardness and flexibility. To further enhance the excellent durability of these colors the Lithco Clear overcoat makes a major upgrade.
For additional product information or to request a quote please see here.